MOVIE DUNIYA

Dec 27, 2007

Deepika Padukone Dropped From Rakesh Roshan Film...


Rakesh Roshan has reportedly dropped Deepika Padukone from his next production that has his son Hrithik Roshan in the lead role.

The reason for that is that the senior Roshan thinks that Deepika doesn't fit the bill for the dance-based role in the film that will be directed by Anurag Basu who last directed Metro .

Roshan said, "I am in the process of working on a film which will be directed by Anurag Basu. And Deepika didn't fit the role. We'll definitely work with her in future for some other project. It's quite a complex character and we are looking out for a female lead."

According to Filmkraft sources Roshans are now looking at casting a non-Indian for the role who can do Salsa.

Deepika too doesn't shy away from admitting this bitter truth. “I don’t think I am a star. I am just one film old and have a long way to go,” she said.

Talking to a tabloid the Om Shanti Om star revealed," As of now I have signed two movies. I’ll be shooting with Ranbir in January for Yash Raj’s next. It will be directed by Sidharth Anand . It’s not titled yet. After that I will be working on Nikhil Advani ’s Made In China opposite Akshay Kumar .”

Seems like Deepika is getting more endorsements offers than film offers and the few she managed to get are already slipping from her hand.

0 Comments: