MOVIE DUNIYA

Apr 21, 2010

T-town's lucky debutants Samantha, Priya Anand, Bhanu, Anita, Shruti, Richa and Sheena

SAMANTHA - YE MAYA CHESAVEThat every year many debutantes test waters at the T-town BO is a given. Predictably only a handful hit the jackpot, while the others fade into oblivision.


richa gangopadhyay
The story’s the same this year too: as newcomers —Anita (Maro Charitra), Bhanu (Varudu) and Shruti (Taj Mahal) found no takers while pretty newbies Samantha, Priya Anand, Richa and Sheena emerged triumphant with their debut films and have bagged more plum film offers.

BHANU MEHRA (VARUDU)
After her hit Ye Maya Chesave, Samantha has already signed big-ticket films with superstars NTR Jr and Mahesh Babu and is being hailed as the next big thing in T-town. The level-headed youngster says, “I don’t want to get carried away with my maiden success. I did have lots of offers but I chose to do the films with NTR and Mahesh. The scripts and my roles were fascinating in these big-budget extravaganzas. I am playing a light-hearted role in Brindavanam and a fun role in Mahesh’s untitled film.”

ANITHA - MARO CHARITRA
Hotshot debutante Priya Anand had signed two noteworthy films even before the release of her maiden film Leader. “Leader catapulted me to the top league because it was a huge project and the response was overwhelming. I am now doing a big project (Rama Rama Krishna Krishna) with producer Dil Raju co-starring Ram. I am equally excited about my other film with Siddharth. With such big projects, I have resolved to settle down in T-town,” says the Mumbai girl, who has also begun dubbing for her films. “I dubbed for Leader and I’ll do a better job in Rama Rama,” she adds. Her co-star in Leader, Richa Gangopadhyay on the other hand has just signed a film with Ravi Teja. “I am happy to be part of this big venture,” she says.

PRIYA ANAND = LEADERDirector Saikiran Adavi says, “Every year we have 80 to 90 debutants but we can barely remember the names of just a handful of girls. Though fresh faces evoke some pre-release hype at the end of the day only good scripts can spell BO magic.”


SHRUTI - TAJ MAHAL
And if the fresh faces manage to strike a chord with the audiences and their launchpad also notches up good BO collections, then T-town becomes the oyster for them. After all, nothing matters more than a success.

SHEENA - BINDAAS

0 Comments: